Sunday, March 31, 2013

Guggeheim, Gutai Art Movement





On our New York trip we visited the Guggenheim Museum. It was a very enlightening visit. Photos are not allowed but, I snuck a few shots. These photos are part of the Gutai Group Show. The Gutai group was an art movement from Japan, starting in the 50s. The exhibit was interesting and something I have not seen before. I have heard about art movements in America and Europe. It was interesting to see this Japanese Art Movement. Some of the art I liked and some I did not but, I think the goal was getting the audience to think about art and the art of creating.

We also like the other exhibits especially Zarina, Paper like Skin. Worth a visit.




1 comment:

enchantedhue.com said...

Is that colored liquid in plastic tubing? Looks amazing!

AddThis

Bookmark and Share
Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...