Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Surprising Nature in Dedham, BioBlitz










I attended the Dedham Natural Wonders BioBlitz a couple of weeks ago. I loved seeing the bird demonstrations, plant life and lichens. I learned about the behavior of birds and especially, owls. There were kids activities and lots of wonderful maps and literature about surrounding parks, nature spots, animal track identification cards, and more.

I also attended the lecture on Lichens with Dr. Harold Schaefer. Later, we stepped outside to take a look at these fascinating plants. I took some lichen shots as well as other plants that caught my eye.
I brought along my new Macro lens to experiment with. Fun day to discover what is all around us

No comments:

AddThis

Bookmark and Share
Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...