Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Day in Pompeii, a Day in Boston


Last Saturday, we had tickets to see a Day in Pompeii at the Museum of Science. It was a bit crowded, partially our fault for having late-in-the-day tickets. It was a fascinating exhibit with many wonderful objects and artifacts found from the city of Pompeii. There was also body casts of victims of the Volcanic eruption and a cool film about Mount Vesuvius on how it all happened. It is unimaginable that the eruption in AD79 could cover the city so quickly and there was no escape for most of the residents of Pompeii.

After the exhibit we took a walk around the West End of Boston, to Beacon Hill and then headed to Silvertone for some before dinner drinks. More tomorrow...

2 comments:

Matilde A.Carlisle said...

Thanks for sharing superb informations. Your web-site is so cool. I'm impressed by the details that you have on this blog. It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. Bookmarked this website page, will come back for more articles. You, my pal, ROCK! I found just the information I already searched all over the place and just could not come across. What a great web-site.
Razer Lycosa Mirror Gaming Keyboard - Special Edition

Melvin M.Spears said...

I like the helpful information you provide in your articles. I will bookmark your blog and check again here frequently. I'm quite sure I will learn a lot of new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!
Timberland Women's Earthkeepers Mount Holly Tall Lace Duck Boot

AddThis

Bookmark and Share
Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...